Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Apr-07, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Aren't you likely to end up duplicating substantial amounts of code,
> though?

No — did you look at his code?  Each version is child of the one just
above, so you only need to override things where behavior changes from
one version to the next.

> I'm certainly not at the stage where I think the version-aware
> code is creating too much clutter. The "forest of conditionals" seems
> more like a small thicket.

After comparing both approaches, I think ioguix's is superior in
cleanliness.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
<Schwern> It does it in a really, really complicated way