Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Subject Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 09:08:31 -0700
Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> > On Apr 7, 2021, at 7:37 AM, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr@dalibo.com>

> > And here is a demo test file:
> > https://github.com/ioguix/check_pgactivity/blob/tests/t/01-streaming_delta.t
> >
> > My limited set of tests are working with versions back to 9.0 so far.
> >
> > My 2¢
>
> Hmm, I took a look.  I'm not sure that we're working on the same problem, but
> I might have missed something.

I understood you were working on making PostgresNode compatible with older
versions of PostgreSQL. So ou can create and interact with older versions,
eg. 9.0. Did I misunderstood?

My set of class had the exact same goal: creating and managing PostgreSQL nodes
from various major versions. It's going a bit further than just init() though,
as it supports some more existing methods (eg. enable_streaming) and adds some
others (version, switch_wal, wait_for_archive).

Regards,