Re: New IndexAM API controlling index vacuum strategies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: New IndexAM API controlling index vacuum strategies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-04-05 16:53:58 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> REL_13_STABLE will need to be considered separately. I still haven't
> figured out how this ever appeared to work for this long. The
> vac_strategy/bstrategy state simply wasn't propagated at all.

What do you mean with "appear to work"? Isn't, in 13, the only
consequence of vac_strategy not being "propagated" that we'll not use a
strategy in parallel workers?  Presumably that was hard to notice
because most people don't run manual VACUUM with cost limits turned
on. And autovacuum doesn't use parallelism.

Greetings,

Andres Freund