Re: Is Recovery actually paused? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Is Recovery actually paused?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 12 Feb 2021 13:33:32 +0900, Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote in
> I don't think that we need to include the waiting approach in pg_get_wal_replay_pause_state
> patch. However, Horiguchi-san's patch may be useful for some users who want
> pg_wal_replay_pause to wait until recovery gets paused instead of polling the
> state from applications. So, I shink we could discuss  this patch  in another
> thread as another commitfest entry independent from pg_get_wal_replay_pause_state.

Since what I'm proposing is not making pg_wal_replay_pause() to wait,
and no one seems on my side, I withdraw the proposal.

> I have no futher comments on the v13 patch, too.  Also, I agree with
> Robert Haas's suggestions.

Yeah, look reasonable.

regards.

--