Re: Is Recovery actually paused? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Is Recovery actually paused?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sorry, I made a mistake here.

At Tue, 09 Feb 2021 14:55:23 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Tue, 9 Feb 2021 09:47:58 +0530, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote in

> > APIs the wait logic can be implemented in the application code which
> > is actually using these APIs and IMHO that will give better control to
> > the users.
>
> Year, with the PoC pg_wal_replay_pause() can make a short wait as a
> side-effect but the tri-state patch also can add a function to wait
> for the state suffices.

I said that it is surprising that pg_is_wal_replay_paused() waits for
the state change. But I didn't say that pg_wal_replay_pause()
shouldn't wait for the actual pause.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi