Re: Wrong usage of RelationNeedsWAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Wrong usage of RelationNeedsWAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 27 Jan 2021 23:10:53 -0800, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote in
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 12:06:27PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> > I studied the sto feature further and concluded that the checker side
> > is fine that it always follow the chages of page-LSN.
> >
> > So what we can do for the issue is setting seemingly correct page LSN
> > at pruning or refrain from early-pruning while we are skipping
> > WAL. The reason I took the former is I thought that the latter might
> > be a problem since early-pruning would be postponed by a long-running
> > wal-skipping transaction.
>
> Yes, that's an accurate summary.
>
> > So the patch looks fine to me. The commit message mekes sense.
> >
> > However, is it ok that the existing tests (modules/snapshot_too_old)
> > fails when wal_level=minimal?
>
> That would not be okay, but I'm not seeing that.  How did your setup differ
> from the following?

I did that with the following temp-conf. However, the tests succeeds
when I ran them again with the configuration. Sorry for the noise.

autovacuum = off
old_snapshot_threshold = 0
wal_level=minimal
max_wal_senders=0