Re: Key management with tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Key management with tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 05:47:34PM -0500, Tom Kincaid wrote:
>  I met with Bruce and Stephen this afternoon to discuss the feedback
> we received so far (prior to Robert's note which I haven't fully
> digested yet)
> on this patch.
>
> Here is what we plan to do:
>
> 1) Bruce is going to gather all the details from the Wiki and build a
> README for the TDE Key Management patch. In addition, it will include
> details about the implementation, the data structures involved and the
> locks that are taken and general technical implementation approach.
> Could we get feedback if this feels like enough to get this patch
> (which will include just the Key Management portion of TDE) to a state
> where it can be reviewed and assuming the review issues are resolved
> with consensus be committed?

Attached is an updated patch that has the requested changes:

*  broken into seven parts
*  test script converted from shell to Perl
*  added README for every new directory
*  moved text from wiki to READMEs where appropriate
*  included Robert's suggestions, including the ability to add
   future non-AES crypto methods
*  fixes for pg_alterckey PGDATA arg processing

The patch is attached, and is also here:

    https://github.com/postgres/postgres/compare/master...bmomjian:key.patch

Questions:

*  What changes do people want to this patch set?
*  Do we want it applied, even though it might need to be hidden for PG
   14?
*  If not, how do people build on this patch?  Using the commitfest
   links or github URL?

Attachment