Re: Moving other hex functions to /common - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Moving other hex functions to /common
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 11:26:51AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> The two only things that were not present are the set of checks for
> overflows, and the adjustments for varlena.c.  The first point makes
> the code of encode.c safer, as previously the code would issue a FATAL
> *after* writing out-of-bound data.  Now it issues an ERROR before any
> overwrite is done, and I have added some assertions as an extra safety
> net.  For the second, I think that it makes the allocation pattern
> easier to follow, similarly to checksum manifests.

Thanks for you work on this.  Looks good.  I posted your patch under my
key management patch and the cfbot reports all green:

    http://cfbot.cputube.org/index.html

The key management patch calls the src/common hex functions from
src/backend/crypto, pg_alterckey, and the crypto tests, and these are
all tested by make check-world.