Re: Key management with tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Key management with tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan  7, 2021 at 10:02:14AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> My next step is to add the high-level tests.

Here is the high-level script, and the log output.  I used the
pg_upgrade test.sh as a model.

It uses "CFE DEBUG" lines that are already in the code to compare the
initdb encryption with the other initdb decryption and pg_ctl
decryption.  It was easier than I thought.

What it does not do is to test the file descriptor passing from
/dev/tty, or the sample scripts.  This seems acceptable to me since I
test them and they rarely change.

Attachment