Re: BUG #16754: When using LLVM and parallel queries aborted all session by pg_cancel_backend. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: BUG #16754: When using LLVM and parallel queries aborted all session by pg_cancel_backend.
Date
In response to RE: BUG #16754: When using LLVM and parallel queries aborted all session by pg_cancel_backend.  ("Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP)" <noriyoshi.shinoda@hpe.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2020-12-02 01:11:07 +0000, Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP) wrote:
> > I don't see any plausibly-related commits since 13.1, so it's not something we recently fixed.  I wonder if this is
anLLVM bug fixed since the 7.1 release you have.

> Thank you for your comment and test.
> I tried again with an older version of LLVM below.
>
> - PostgreSQL 13.1
> - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5
> - LLVM 6.0
> - cfe 6.0

Could you try to reproduce the issue with the version you hit it
earlier? It'd be helpful to get a backtrace.

> I couldn't reproduce the problem int the above environment, so maybe it's a problem in my development environment.

Did you have any modifications in the tree?

Did you do a build, pulled some updates, and built again? I noticed
that you didn't pass --enable-depend to ./configure, so it's possible
that not all files got rebuilt that needed to.

Regards,

Andres