Re: Removal of currtid()/currtid2() and some table AM cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Removal of currtid()/currtid2() and some table AM cleanup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 09:50:08PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> What about cutting the cake in two and just remove
>> currtid() then?
>
> +1.  That'd still let us get rid of setLastTid() which is
> the ugliest part of the thing, IMO.

Indeed, this could go.  There is a recursive call for views, but in
order to maintain compatibility with that we can just remove one
function and move the second to use a regclass as argument, like the
attached, while removing setLastTid().  Any thoughts?
--
Michael

Attachment