Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Asynchronous Append on postgres_fdw nodes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 20 Nov 2020 20:16:42 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
me> +        /* If this was the second part of an async request, we must fetch until NULL. */
me> +        if (fsstate->async_aware)
me> +        {
me> +            /* call once and raise error if not NULL as expected? */
me> +            while (PQgetResult(conn) != NULL)
me> +                ;
me> +            fsstate->conn_state->async_query_sent = false;
me> +        }
me>
me> PQgetResult() receives the result of a query at once. This code means
me> several queries (FETCHes) are queued in, and we discard the result
me> except the last one.  Actually the res is just PQclear'd just after so
me> this just discards *all* result of maybe more than one FETCHes.  I
me> think something's wrong if we need this.

I was wrong, it is worse. That leaks the returned PGresult.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center