Re: Need to place pgpool logs on separate directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Need to place pgpool logs on separate directory
Date
List pgsql-general
> Hello all,
>
> I want to place pgpool logs on a separate directory rather than in a syslog
> file. So I changed the below parameters, but still logging information are
> being written to the syslog file.  Any idea or suggestion why this
> behaviour?
>

> *pgpool-II version 4.1.4 (karasukiboshi)*
>
> Tried all the below combinations, none of them works
>
> 1.
> log_destination = 'stderr'
> syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
> syslog_ident = 'pgpool'
> logdir = '/data/pgpool'
>
> 2.
> log_destination = 'stderr'
> #syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
> #syslog_ident = 'pgpool'
> logdir = '/data/pgpool'
>
> 3.
> log_destination = 'syslog'
> syslog_facility = 'LOCAL0'
> syslog_ident = 'pgpool'
> logdir = '/data/pgpool'

1 or 2 should work. You might want to check whether 'stderr' is
actually set to log_destination parameter by using psql:

pgpool show log_destination;

If it's set but still logs are sent to syslog, try reloading or
restarting pgpool.

By the way this is not the most appropriate forum to ask questions
regarding pgpool. Please use pgpool-general mailing list instead: