Re: PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-11-03 10:42:34 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> It would definitely help if you (and others) could think about the API
> being added: Does it fulfill the promises being made?  Does it offer the
> guarantees that real-world apps want to have?  I'm not much of an
> application writer myself -- particularly high-traffic apps that would
> want to use this.

Somewhere earlier in this thread there was a patch with support for
batching in pgbench. I think it'd be good to refresh that. Both because
it shows at least some real-world-lite usage of the feature and because
we need a way to stress it to see whether it has unnecessary
bottlenecks.

Greetings,

Andres Freund