Re: [BUG]: segfault during update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [BUG]: segfault during update
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-11-08 12:46:44 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> This logic is entirely gone in v12, which confirms my instinct that
> there was something about Andres' slot-manipulation changes that
> broke this scenario.

Entirely possible :(. In my defense, it wasn't exactly obvious or
documented that the fast default code relied on this
ExecSetSlotDescriptor()...

> In v12 we end up using the junkfilter's output
> slot, which does not have a sufficiently accurate tupdesc to deal with
> an on-disk tuple rather than one constructed by the executor.

I really wonder if we ought to redesign the column default logic to
really be a property of the Attr, instead of the constraint stuff it is
now.

> So I'll go see about back-patching 20d3fe900.

Thanks.

Is it worth adding Bertrand's testcase to the regression suite in some
form?

Greetings,

Andres Freund