Re: Use PG_FINALLY to simplify code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Use PG_FINALLY to simplify code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Tue, 29 Sep 2020 01:03:13 +0000, "Hou, Zhijie" <houzj.fnst@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote in
> In (/src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c), I found some code like the following:
>
>      PG_CATCH();
>     {
>         if (expr->plan && !expr->plan->saved)
>             expr->plan = NULL;
>         PG_RE_THROW();
>     }
>     PG_END_TRY();
>
>     if (expr->plan && !expr->plan->saved)
>         expr->plan = NULL;
>
> Since PG_FINALLY can be used now, I think we can use PG_FINALLY to simplify code here.

The patch removes PG_RETHROW(), which is crucial in the code
path. There's at least one other instance of that coding in pquery.c
but PG_FINALLY() is not applicable there for the same reason, too.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center