Re: Binaries on s390x arch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: Binaries on s390x arch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Namrata Bhave
> We will be glad to obtain binaries for s390x on RHEL, SLES and Ubuntu
> distros.

Hi Namrata,

thanks for getting back to me.

Note that I'm working on the .deb packages for Debian and Ubuntu. For
.rpm (RHEL, SLES) you need to get Devrim on board. (I'm putting him on
Cc.)

> We are ready to provide the necessary infra. To enable this, we would need
> more information about VM configuration(No of VMs, OS, vCPUs, memory,
> Storage). Secondly T &C's would be needed to be signed electronically.
> Please let me know if you are OK to proceed and we can communicate further.

To be able to keep up with the other architectures when building
binaries for PostgreSQL releases, the machine would have about the
same specs as the existing arm64 or ppc64el build daemons:

VMs: 1
OS: Debian buster
vCPUs: 8
Memory: 16 GB
Storage: 100GB (most of that is swap space for tmpfs)

What does T&C mean? Not sure which body on the PostgreSQL side would
be able to sign something. We are an open source project after all.

Thanks,
Christoph

Attachment