Re: v13: CLUSTER segv with wal_level=minimal and parallel index creation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: v13: CLUSTER segv with wal_level=minimal and parallel index creation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thank you for the checking.

At Tue, 8 Sep 2020 21:05:43 -0700, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote in
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 07:47:09PM -0700, Noah Misch wrote:
> After looking closer, I've moved the test to reindex_catalog.sql; see that
> file's header comment for the reasons.  One now needs this command:
>
>   printf '%s\n%s\n%s\n' 'log_statement = all' 'wal_level = minimal' 'max_wal_senders = 0' >/tmp/minimal.conf
>   make check-tests TESTS=reindex_catalog TEMP_CONFIG=/tmp/minimal.conf

I missed the file. It is surely the best place.

> RelationBuildDesc() calls RelationInitPhysicalAddr(), so RelationBuildDesc()
> can stop calling RelFileNodeSkippingWAL().  The attached version makes it so,
> and I plan to push it.

Sure. relNode is filled with zeros so RelationInitPhysicalAddr() works
correctly for RelationBuildDesc().

Both changes look good to me.

regards.

--