Re: 回复:how to create index concurrently on partitioned table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: 回复:how to create index concurrently on partitioned table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for completing and pushing the REINDEX patch and others.

Here's a rebasified + fixed version of the others.

On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 02:51:58PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> The REINDEX patch is progressing its way, so I have looked a bit at
> the part for CIC.
>
> Visibly, the case of multiple partition layers is not handled
> correctly.  Here is a sequence that gets broken:
..
> This fails as follows:
> ERROR: XX000: unrecognized node type: 2139062143
> LOCATION:  copyObjectImpl, copyfuncs.c:5718

Because copyObject needed to be called within a longlived context.

Also, my previous revision failed to implement your suggestion to first build
catalog entries with INVALID indexes and to then reindex them.  Fixed.

--
Justin

Attachment