Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Numeric data types - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Numeric data types
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 05:32:23PM +0000, Godfrin, Philippe E wrote:
> Thanks Bruce, I suppose you mean n32 -> n64 OK, but n64->n32 chance of 32-bit
> overflow…

Uh, I was thinking that your 32-bit values could roll over and the other
end would be confused, but I can also see the 64-bit going above the
32-bit range.  As long as everything stays < 32-bits, you should be
fine.  We don't transfer binary values very often.