Re: could not send data to client: Permission denied - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Jakots
Subject Re: could not send data to client: Permission denied
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 27 Aug 2020 12:44:11 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> It looks like send() itself is returning EACCES, which seems just
> weird.  The send(2) man page does cite some possible causes of
> EACCES, but none of them seem relevant here.

Oh, send(2) on OpenBSD [1] says that the firewall may cause such an
error. I guess no one ever hits* this since on Linux this is "very
unlikely" to happen.

I think the problem is my cron fiddles with the vm's firewall at the
same time. I'll look into that possibility. Thanks for the hint!

* according to my web search :p

[1]: https://man.openbsd.org/send.2#EACCES

Daniel