Crashing with copy_and_convert_field - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Henrik Krohns
Subject Crashing with copy_and_convert_field
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello,

I've been trying to get Oracle 18c -> EnterpriseDB 12.4 ODBC connection
working without success..

Compiled unixODBC 2.3.7 / libpq 12.2 / psqlodbc 12.02 stack for our Oracle
server, running Solaris 11.4 SPARC.

Basic conf:

### ORACLE_HOME/hs/admin/initLINKKITESTI.ora
HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = linkkitesti
HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = 255
HS_FDS_SHAREABLE_NAME = /opt/unixODBC/lib/libodbc.so

### odbc.ini
[linkkitesti]
Driver = PostgreSQL
Database = linkkitesti
Servername = ppas.server.com
Port = 5432
UseDeclareFetch = 1
Debug = 1
LowerCaseIdentifier = 1

### odbcinst.ini
[PostgreSQL]
Description = PostgreSQL ODBC driver
Driver = /opt/unixODBC/lib/psqlodbcw.so
Setup = /opt/unixODBC/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage = 1

Results in:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 18c Enterprise Edition Release 18.0.0.0.0 - Production
Version 18.11.0.0.0

SQL> create database link linkkitesti connect to "linkkitesti" identified by "xxxx" using 'LINKKITESTI';

Database link created.

SQL> select * from "testitaulu"@linkkitesti;
select * from "testitaulu"@linkkitesti
                           *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogeneous remote agent using
SID=ORA-28511: lost RPC connection to heterogeneous remote agent using
SID=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=xxxx)(PORT=1522))
)(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=LINKKITESTI)))
ORA-02063: preceding line from LINKKITESTI

Getting core dump with references to copy_and_convert_field function.  The
test table I have contains nothing but single varchar col with short string.

Here's bunch of odbc/oracle trace files:

https://pastebin.com/RMG5V5vR
https://pastebin.com/NGtt9hmN
https://pastebin.com/6Nea2emc
https://pastebin.com/8qfjsMJw

I've tried playing with all sorts of HS_ language settings etc, nothing
makes a difference.  Downgrading way back to psqlodbc-10.03.0000 stops
crashing, but the query fails anyway with other errors.

Cheers,
Henrik