Re: EDB builds Postgres 13 with an obsolete ICU version - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: EDB builds Postgres 13 with an obsolete ICU version
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 02:23:57PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Also, is it the ICU library version we should be tracking for reindex,
> or each _collation_ version?  If the later, do we store the collation
> version for each index?

You need to store the collation version(s) for each index.  This
thread deals with the problem:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/29/2367/
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm%3D0uEQCpfq_%2BLYFBdArCe4Ot98t1aR4eYiYTe%3DyavQygiQ%40mail.gmail.com

That's not all of it as you would still need some filtering
capabilities in the backend to reindex only the collation-sensitive
indexes with a reindex, but that's one step forward into being able to
do that.
--
Michael

Attachment