Missing CFI in hlCover()? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Missing CFI in hlCover()?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

I'm looking into an issue that we're seeing on the PG archives server
with runaway queries that don't seem to ever want to end- and ignore
signals.

This is PG11, 11.8-1.pgdg100+1 specifically on Debian/buster and what
we're seeing is the loop in hlCover() (wparser_def.c:2071 to 2093) is
lasting an awful long time without any CFI call.  It's possible the CFI
call should actually go elsewhere, but the complete lack of any CFI in
wparser_def.c or tsvector_op.c seems a bit concerning.

I'm suspicious there's something else going on here that's causing this
to take a long time but I don't have any smoking gun as yet.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment