Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 11:08:30AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
g> That's a holdover from old times, when we thought functions were
> procedures.  That's no longer the case.

Thanks, so "routine" it is.  I have done an extra round of review of
this patch, and noticed two things:
- In getObjectDescription(), we were doing a call to get_attname() for
nothing with OCLASS_CLASS with an attribute.
- The regression test output has been changed to use \a\t to make
future diffs more readable if we add an object type that increases the
column size.

And applied the change.  Thanks to everybody who took the time to look
at this code and comment about it.  It took actually less than 3 years
for this threadto conclude, as it began on the 19th of July, 2017.
--
Michael

Attachment