Re: increased max_parallel_workers_per_gather results in fewerworkers? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: increased max_parallel_workers_per_gather results in fewerworkers?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 04:04:13PM -0400, Philip Semanchuk wrote:
> Can anyone help me understand why this happens, or where I might look for clues?

What version postgres ?

Can you reproduce if you do:
ALTER SYSTEM SET max_parallel_workers_per_gather=0; SELECT pg_reload_conf();
.. and then within the session do: SET max_parallel_workers_per_gather=12;

I guess you should show an explain analyze, specifically "Workers
Planned/Launched", maybe by linking to explain.depesz.com

--
Justin