hash join error improvement (old) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject hash join error improvement (old)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I recently noticed this in a customer log file:
  ERROR:  could not read from hash-join temporary file: Success

The problem is we're reporting with %m when the problem is a partial
read or write.

I propose the attached patch to solve it: report "wrote only X of X
bytes".  This caused a lot of other trouble, the cause of which I've
been unable to pinpoint as yet.  But in the meantime, this is already a
small improvement.

--
Álvaro Herrera

Attachment