Re: non-string or non-string - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: non-string or non-string
Date
List pgsql-docs
On 2020-May-17, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/functions-string.html
>
> The second line in "Table 9.8. SQL String Functions and Operators" uses
> "non-string or non-string" as part of the example. I assume one of these
> should be "string".

No, it's not the example but the operator description, and what it says
is
"string || non-string or non-string || string"

so it's trying to illustrate that there are two options:

string || non-string
non-string || string

but maybe it's not super-clear about that.  This is much clearer in the
docs for Postgres 13, which has been heavily reformatted:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/functions-string.html