Re: pgsql: Fix handling of WAL segments ready to be archived duringcrash r - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix handling of WAL segments ready to be archived duringcrash r
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 09:59:29AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> And this visibly comes down to the fact that we don't take care enough
> of the timing between the restartpoints done, the startup process
> doing its recycling work and the archiver.  The rest of the test
> relies on the reports of pg_stat_archiver a points to wait at as
> published by the archiver process.  So there are two things we could
> do here:
> 1) Just remove the unstable parts of the tests (the three ones above),
> and keep coverage based on everything we have using pg_stat_archiver.
> 2) Remove the test entirely, though I would rather have us keep some
> coverage, particularly for primaries as this got broken.
>
> I'd rather do 2), any thoughts?

Oops, sorry.  I sent this message too quickly.  I would rather
actually do 1) and keep the major parts of the tests.  All the
buildfarm failures are just around the three checks mentioned
upthread.
--
Michael

Attachment