Re: DETACH PARTITION and FOR EACH ROW triggers on partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: DETACH PARTITION and FOR EACH ROW triggers on partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Apr-20, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> +    while (HeapTupleIsValid(trigtup = systable_getnext(scan)))
> +    {
> +        Form_pg_trigger pg_trigger = (Form_pg_trigger) GETSTRUCT(trigtup);
> +        ObjectAddress trig;
> +
> +        /* Ignore triggers that weren't cloned */
> +        if (!OidIsValid(pg_trigger->tgparentid) ||
> +            !pg_trigger->tgisinternal ||
> +            !TRIGGER_FOR_ROW(pg_trigger->tgtype))
> +            continue;

Actually, shouldn't we be checking just "!OidIsValid(pg_trigger->tgparentid)"
here?  Surely the other two conditions should already not matter either
way if tgparentid is set.  I can't see us starting to clone
for-statement triggers, but I'm not sure I trust the internal marking to
remain one way or the other.