Re: recovery_target_action=pause with confusing hint - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From movead.li@highgo.ca
Subject Re: recovery_target_action=pause with confusing hint
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>> we should notice it in document I think.
>There is the following explation about the relationship the recovery
>pause and the promotion, in the document. You may want to add more
>descriptions into the docs?
>------------------------------
>If a promotion is triggered while recovery is paused, the paused
>state ends and a promotion continues.

For example we can add this words:
First-time pg_wal_replay_pause() called during recovery which triggered
as promotion, pg_wal_replay_pause() show success but it did not really
pause the recovery.

Regards,
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)
EMAIL: mailto:movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca