Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line
Date
Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command fromrecovery.conf or command line  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 05:00:01PM +0300, Alexey Kondratov wrote:
> What do think about adding following sanity check into xlogarchive.c?
>
> +#ifdef FRONTEND
> +#error "This file is not expected to be compiled for frontend code"
> +#endif
>
> It would prevent someone from adding typedefs and any other common
> definitions into xlogarchive.h in the future, leading to the accidental
> inclusion of both xlogarchive.h and fe_archive.h in the same time.

I don't see much the point as this would fail to compile anyway, and
that's not project-style.  Note that we have already a clear
separation here between the backend and the frontend code here as
xlogarchive.h is backend-only and fe_archive.h is frontend-only.

> 0002:
>
> [format comments]
>
> Let us use camel case 'restoreCommand' here as in the header for tidiness.

All this makes sense, and also note the same formatting issue in
parsexlog.c for RestoreArchivedFile().  A run of pgindent was
missing.

> I have left 0001 intact, but fixed all these small remarks in the 0002.
> Please, find it attached.

Thanks, committed 0001 after fixing the order of the headers.  One
patch left.
--
Michael

Attachment