Re: error context for vacuum to include block number - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: error context for vacuum to include block number
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 04:54:41PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:42 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > Attached patch addressing these.
> >

> Thanks, you forgot to remove the below declaration which I have
> removed in attached.

Yes I saw..

> Apart from this, I have ran pgindent and now I think it is in good
> shape.  Do you have any other comments?  Sawada-San, can you also

I did just notice/remember while testing trucate that autovacuum does this:

src/backend/postmaster/autovacuum.c:                            errcontext("automatic vacuum of table \"%s.%s.%s\"",

And that appears to be interacting correctly.  For example if you add an
elog(ERROR) and run UPDATE/DELETE, and wait autovacuum_naptime, then it shows
both contexts.

--
Justin