Re: pg_ls_tmpdir to show directories and shared filesets (andpg_ls_*) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: pg_ls_tmpdir to show directories and shared filesets (andpg_ls_*)
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 07:21:06PM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> IMHO, I really think that it should be included. Dealing with links is no
> big deal, but you need an additional column in _metadata to tell it is a
> link

Instead of showing another column, I changed to show links with isdir=false.
At the cost of two more patches, to allow backpatching docs and maybe separate
commit to make the subtle change obvious in commit history, at least.

I see a few places in the backend and a few more in the fronted using the same
logic that I used for islink(), but I'm not sure if there's a good place to put
that to allow factoring out at least the other backend ones.

--
Justin

Attachment