Re: wire protocol errors on Debian (py3/psyco 2.8) - Mailing list psycopg

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: wire protocol errors on Debian (py3/psyco 2.8)
Date
List psycopg
On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 01:29:58PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> > The error comes from the libpq failing to parse messages from the server
> > (at a glance CommandComplete and RowDescription - see
> > https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/protocol-message-formats.html)
> > which are probably just the most common ones.
> >
> > I doubt it's a bug with libpq 12.2 or whatever server is on the other
> > side of the wire: we would have seen this error more often. If you want
> > to investigate in that direction you may ask core devs if there have
> > been changes in that area for those versions.
>
> I did run across this:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/release-12-2.html
>
> "
>
> Fix bugs in handling of non-blocking I/O when using GSSAPI encryption (Tom
> Lane)
>
> These errors could result in dropping data (usually leading to subsequent
> wire-protocol-violation errors) or in a “livelock” situation where a sending
> process goes to sleep although not all its data has been sent. Moreover,
> libpq failed to keep separate encryption state for each connection, creating
> the possibility for failures in applications using multiple encrypted
> database connections.
> "
>
> Would be nice to know what actual Postgres version is and how it is
> configured?

As long as OP doesn't get back in touch we probably can't do
much more. Many thanks for providing insights.

I'll post more if more info becomes available.

Thanks,
Karsten
--
GPG  40BE 5B0E C98E 1713 AFA6  5BC0 3BEA AC80 7D4F C89B