Re: time for catalog/pg_cast.c? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: time for catalog/pg_cast.c?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I would even say that DropCastById belongs in the new file, which is
just the attached.  However, none of the Drop.*ById or Remove.*ById
functions seem to be in backend/catalog/ at all, and moving just a
single one seems to make things even more inconsistent.  I think all
these catalog-accessing functions should be in backend/catalog/ but I'm
not in a hurry to patch half of backend/commands/ to move them all.

(I think the current arrangement is just fallout from having created the
dependency.c system to drop objects, which rid us of a bunch of bespoke
deletion-handling code.)

Attachment