time for catalog/pg_cast.c? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject time for catalog/pg_cast.c?
Date
Re: time for catalog/pg_cast.c?  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I extracted from the latest multirange patch a bit that creates a new
routine CastCreate() in src/backend/catalog/pg_cast.c.  It contains the
catalog-accessing bits to create a new cast.  It seems harmless, so I
thought I'd apply it to get rid of a couple of hunks in the large patch.

(I also threw in a move of get_cast_oid from functioncmds.c to
lsyscache.c, which seems its natural place; at first I thought to put it
in catalog/pg_cast.c but really it's not a great place IMO.  This
function was invented out of whole cloth in commit fd1843ff8979.  I also
contemplated the move of CreateCast and DropCastById from functioncmds.c
to some new place, but creating a new commands/castcmds.c seemed a bit
excessive, so I left them in their current locations.)

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"

Attachment