min()/max() with BRIN indexes - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Wayne
Subject min()/max() with BRIN indexes
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have rather large tables that use a time stamp as an index. New entries
are continuously added to the table with the current time. If I convert
from BTREE to BRIN indexes and select records with specific date ranges
the BRIN is used and performance is acceptable. However I often want to
get the latest time stamp using the max() function. I didn't expect that
this would result in a sequential scan of the table and skip the BRIN

Is this expected behavior?

Thanks,
Wayne