Re: Internal key management system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Internal key management system
Date
RE: Internal key management system
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2020-02-07 11:18:29 +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> Another idea we discussed is to internally integrate pgcrypto with the
> key management system.

Perhaps this has already been discussed (I only briefly looked): I'd
strongly advise against having any new infrastrure depend on
pgcrypto. Its code quality imo is well below our standards and contains
serious red flags like very outdated copies of cryptography algorithm
implementations.  I think we should consider deprecating and removing
it, not expanding its use.  It certainly shouldn't be involved in any
potential disk encryption system at a later stage.

Greetings,

Andres Freund