Re: FK violation in partitioned table after truncating a referencedpartition - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: FK violation in partitioned table after truncating a referencedpartition
Date
Re: FK violation in partitioned table after truncating a referencedpartition  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Also, I think we should patch the documentation like this, because this
effect is not 100% obvious.  (For example, if the partition strategy is
identical in both referenced and referencing tables, you would wish that
only the equivalent partition is truncated.  However, I doubt this can
be really implemented.)

I do wonder how do other RDBMSs behave.