Re: Append with naive multiplexing of FDWs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From movead.li@highgo.ca
Subject Re: Append with naive multiplexing of FDWs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

>It is "asynchronous append on async-capable'd postgres-fdw scans". It
>could be called as such in the sense that it is intended to be used
>with sharding.
 Yes that's it.

>Did you looked at my benchmarking result upthread?  Even it gives
>significant gain even when gathering large number of tuples from
>multiple servers or even from a single server.  It is because of its
>asynchronous nature.
I mean it gain performance at first, but it mets bottleneck while
increase the number of the nodes.
For example:
   It has 2 nodes, it will gain 200% performance.
   It has 3 nodes, it will gain 300% performance.
   However,
   It has 4 nodes, it gain 300% performance.
   It has 5 nodes, it gain 300% performance.

----
Highgo Software (Canada/China/Pakistan)
EMAIL: mailto:movead(dot)li(at)highgo(dot)ca