Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jan-22, Robert Haas wrote:

> Here is a new version that is, I think, much closer what I would
> consider a final form. 0001 through 0003 are as before, and unless
> somebody says pretty soon that they see a problem with those or want
> more time to review them, I'm going to commit them; David Steele has
> endorsed all three, and they seem like independently sensible
> cleanups.

I'm not sure I see the point of keeping json.h split from jsonapi.h.  It
seems to me that you could move back all the contents from jsonapi.h
into json.h, and everything would work just as well.  (Evidently the
Datum in JsonEncodeDateTime's proto is problematic ... perhaps putting
that prototype in jsonfuncs.h would work.)

I don't really object to your 0001 patch as posted, though.