Re: Remove page-read callback from XLogReaderState. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Remove page-read callback from XLogReaderState.
Date
Re: Remove page-read callback from XLogReaderState.  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
Re: Remove page-read callback from XLogReaderState.  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello.

At Mon, 20 Jan 2020 17:24:07 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> Separating XLogBeginRead seems reasonable.  The annoying recptr trick
> is no longer needed. In particular some logical-decoding stuff become
> far cleaner by the patch.
>
> fetching_ckpt of ReadRecord is a bit annoying but that coundn't be
> moved outside to, say, ReadCheckpointRecord in a clean way. (Anyway
> XLogBeginRead is not the place, of course).
>
> As I looked through it, it looks good to me but give me some more time
> to look closer.

It seems to me that it works perfectly, and everything looks good to
me except one point.

-         * In this case, the passed-in record pointer should already be
+         * In this case, EndRecPtr record pointer should already be

I'm not confident but isn't the "record pointer" redundant?  EndRecPtr
seems containing that meaning, and the other occurances of that kind
of variable names are not accompanied by that.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center