Re: Greatest Common Divisor - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Greatest Common Divisor
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-Jan-20, Dean Rasheed wrote:

> +       <entry>
> +        greatest common divisor — the largest positive number that
> +        divides both inputs with no remainder; returns <literal>0</literal> if
> +        both inputs are zero
> +       </entry>

Warning, severe TOC/bikeshedding ahead.

I don't know why, but this dash-semicolon sequence reads strange to me
and looks out of place.  I would use parens for the first phrase and
keep the semicolon, that is "greatest common divisor (the largest ...);
returns 0 if ..."

That seems more natural to me, and we're already using parens in other
description <entry>s.