Re: How to retain lesser paths at add_path()? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: How to retain lesser paths at add_path()?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I wonder what is the status of this patch/thread. There was quite a bit
of discussion about possible approaches, but we currently don't have any
patch for review, AFAICS. Not sure what's the plan?

So "needs review" status seems wrong, and considering we haven't seen
any patch since August (so in the past two CFs) I propose marking it as
returned with feedback. Any objections?

FWIW I think we may well need a more elaborate logic which paths to
keep, but I'd prefer re-adding it back to the CF when we actually have a
new patch.

regards