Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp tableschema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp tableschema
Date
In response to Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema  (Mahendra Singh Thalor <mahi6run@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 05:54:21PM +0530, Mahendra Singh Thalor wrote:
> Thanks for the patch. I am not getting any crash but \d is not showing
> any temp table if we drop temp schema and create again temp table.

That's expected.  As discussed on this thread, the schema has been
dropped by a superuser and there are cases where it is helpful to do
so, so the relation you have created after DROP SCHEMA relies on an
inconsistent session state.  If you actually try to use \d with a
relation name that matches the one you just created, psql would just
show nothing for the namespace name.
--
Michael

Attachment