Re: Fixing parallel make of libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Fixing parallel make of libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 01:33:13PM +0000, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
> I noticed to my annoyance that 'make -j4 -C src/interfaces/libpq'
> doesn't work in a clean checkout, because it can't find
> libpgcommon_shlib and libpgport_shlib.  It looks like that's because the
> submake-libpgport dependency is declared on the all-lib target, not on
> the shlib itself.  Moving it to SHLIB_PREREQS instead fixes it, patch
> for which is attached.

Hmm.  That logically makes sense.  Isn't that a side effect of 7143b3e
then?  Now, FWIW, I am not able to reproduce it here, after trying on
two different machines, various parallel job numbers (up to 32), and a
couple of dozen attempts.  Perhaps somebody else can see the failures?
--
Michael

Attachment