Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14
Date
Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14
Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14
List pgsql-hackers
> * Fix large object support in pg_dump.  I think this is just waiting
> for a second opinion on whether the approach is correct.  I've been
> meaning to look at it, but haven't gotten enough round tuits; maybe
> someone else would like to take a look?  This is an open item, so we
> should really try to deal with it.

Yeah, I think this is a "must fix for alpha" item.  Will look at it
tomorrow, god willin an the creek don't rise (or, given the weather
around here: the power stays on).

> * Faster CREATE DATABASE by delaying fsync.  This is really two
> patches now, one of which is apparently to be backpatched.

This one (both parts) seems to have crashed and burned on unexpected
portability issues :-(.  Do we have any expectation of being able to
fix it before alpha4?