Re: [Proposal] Level4 Warnings show many shadow vars - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [Proposal] Level4 Warnings show many shadow vars
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 09:36:13AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> As that's a confusion I introduced with d9fadbf, I would like to fix
> that and backpatch this change down to 11.  (Ranier gets the
> authorship per se as that's extracted from a larger patch).

Committed that part.

I got to look at the rest of the stuff discussed, and I am not sure
that any of the changes are actually things which improve
readability.

Let's take one example.  The changes in pg_dump/ like
/progname/prog_name/ have just been done in haste, without actual
thoughts about how the problem ought to be fixed.  And in this case,
something which could be more adapted is to remove the argument from
usage() because progname is a global variable, initialized from the
beginning in pg_restore.
--
Michael

Attachment