Re: documentation clarifications for "alter sequence" ? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: documentation clarifications for "alter sequence" ?
Date
List pgsql-docs
I looked into this report.  When we do a CREATE or ALTER sequence, we
check that the new sequence row is valid.  We don't track which values
were changed by ALTER, which is why you are seeing this kind of error
message wording.  I don't think it is worth tracking this to generate
clearer error messages since this is the first complaint I have seen
about this.